Monday, August 20, 2007

Badfinger




This is a band that I've been listening to a lot lately. I don't remember exactly when I first became aware of Badfinger, but it was when I was around 12 or so. I remember hearing No Matter What, Day After Day, and Come And Get It, but I wasn't aware of the Beatles connection until The Beatles Anthology, Vol. 3 came out and had Paul's original demo of Come And Get It. This song was one that I wasn't too aware of at that point, although I found it on a single a couple of years later. It's probably my favorite Badfinger song right now, even though there's such of a wealth of music that they made. It's really hard to pick a favorite, but this one's pretty awesome, and has an amazingly memorable riff.


Badfinger - Baby Blue [U.S. Single Mix Version]

The song was released on Apple records, and got to #14 on the Billboard US Charts. There's also a different version on the Straight Up LP, also issued by Apple.

Aimee Mann also did an amazing cover of this for a Badfinger tribute album. It's worth looking into even if you don't like Badfinger, I think it stands on it's own really well.

Purchase Baby Blue on either of these CDs from Amazon:




For more information:

Badfinger @ Wikipedia

No comments: